The Conditions set forth here shall be taken as mutually acceptable and considered as an inclusive part of any final sales contract with Digital Hospital, and shall be applicable at Courts Singapore.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE COVERAGE – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Definition: The following words and phrases that appear throughout the Contract are defined as follows:
|Authorised Service Centre||This refers to Digital Hospital (operated by Laptop General Hospital Pte. Ltd.) or any other service centre specifically authorized by the Company to undertake the service repairs and replacement of parts under this Contract.|
|Customer, You, Your||This refers to an individual purchaser/holder of the Contract.|
|Contract||This refers to this Accidental Damage Cover.|
|Eligible Claim||This refers to a claim that complies with all of the terms, conditions and exclusions of this Contract.|
|Excess||This refers to the amount You have to pay for each and every Eligible Claim.|
|Product||This refers to the Customer’s personal computers, notebooks, smartphones and tablets newly purchased from Courts Singapore as supported by an Original Invoice and is the subject of this Contract.|
|Original Purchase Price||This refers to the cost of the Product stated on the Original Invoice net of discount and excluding freight charges/shipping fees and Goods and Services Tax (“GST”).|
|Total Loss||This is a situation where actual repair cannot be carried out or We deemed it uneconomical to repair or when the cost to repair is in excess of the Original Purchase Price.|
|We, Us, Our, Company||These refer to Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd.|
- The Product must be newly purchased from Courts Singapore and owned by an individual.
- The Product must be for domestic use in Singapore only.
Scope of Cover
- This Contract only covers cracked screen and/or water damage to the Product due to an unexpected and non-deliberate external action, not otherwise excluded under the Contract. This Contract only covers to repairs and replacements carried out in Singapore and all repairs and replacements made to Your Product shall not exceed the Original Purchase Price of the Product. You are responsible to bear an Excess of S$40 (before GST) per Product per Claim.
- You can only make one (1) claim during the period of Contract.
- Cover shall commence from the date of purchase of the Product from Courts Singapore and expire twelve (12) months from such date or upon the expiry of or termination of the Contract (whichever is earlier).
This Contract does not cover and We will not pay:
- the Excess payable by You;
- loss or damage arising from business and/or commercial use of the Product;
- loss or damage that occurs outside Singapore;
- loss of damage due to Your negligence, wilful/intentional acts or omissions, default, fraud or attempted fraud, misuse, neglect and abuse;
- loss or damage caused by the alteration, modification, repair or maintenance of the Product;
- loss or damage caused by improper installation, improper usage or failure to operate the Product in accordance with the instructions provided;
- shipping charges, damage charges, express service charges, defects and on-site service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product;
- diagnostic fees where no defect has been found or noted;
- gradual deterioration, normal wear and tear; rust, corrosion, slowly developing deformation or distortion of the Product, flaws, latent defect; change in temperature or humidity; moth, vermin, termites, other insects or inherent vice; failure or inadequate operation or any variation in temperature of any air conditioning, cooling or heating systems;
- loss or damage caused by Acts of God including without limitation, earthquake, volcanic eruptions, tsunami and lightning;
- loss or damage caused by manufacturer’s defects inherent in the Product;
- loss or damage covered by the manufacturer’s original warranty, repairer’s warranty or any other warranty still in effect;
- Product that is recalled by the manufacturer;
- loss of use of the Product whatsoever including for the period that the Product is at the Authorized Service Centre and/or awaiting replacement parts;
- any product on loan to you whilst the damaged Product is undergoing repair;
- consumable items or external accessories such as antennae, cables, electrical connection or trunking, fitting, dust covers, remote controls, adaptors and plugs even if packaged or sold together with the Product or any cosmetic parts including paintwork or its finish in particular;
- software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and/ or removal, computer virus, virus prevention and other peripherals; cost of reproducing data whether recorded on Tapes, Cards, Discs or otherwise;
- hardware that has been added after the original purchase of the Product;
- consequential loss or damage or liability of any nature whatsoever;
- loss or damage directly or indirectly occasioned by or happening through or in consequence of
(a) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not);
(b) civil war, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, conspiracy, military naval or usurped power;
(c) martial law or state of siege or any of the events or causes which determine the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or state of siege;
(d) seizure, requisition, confiscation or destruction at the order of the Government or public authority (except when such measures have been taken as a necessary part of firefighting operations), or strike, riot or civil commotion;
- loss or damage directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from
(a) nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, ionizing, radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this exclusion combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission;
(b) the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive, nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof; or
(c) nuclear weapons materials.
Limitation Of Liability
If during the period of Contract the Product sustains damage as defined herein, the Company and/or authorised service centre will, at Our sole discretion ,either repair or in the event of a Total Loss, replace (in part or in whole) the Product with another of same kind or type, quality and/or specification. The replacement part may be new or used, original or non-original manufacturer’s parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at Our sole discretion. The replacement part/s will be functionally equivalent to that of the original parts. The replacement Product may be of a lower retail value than the damaged Product and shall not exceed the Original Purchase Price in value. Replacement of the Product shall constitute as fulfillment of the Contract and any remaining Contract period does not transfer onto the replacement Product and the damaged Product shall become the property of Laptop Digital Hospital Pte Ltd. The maximum amount payable by Us for an Eligible Claim under this Contract shall not exceed the Original Purchase Price. All repairs and replacements will be carried out in Singapore only.
For claims related enquiry, please call our hotline: 6461 6555 (Mondays – Fridays 8.30am to 5.30pm; except Public Holidays. Or email: email@example.com
- Obligation of the Customer
You shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the manufacturer’s recommended instructions are complied with.
- Claims Procedure
On the happening of any event giving rise or likely to give rise to a claim under this Contract, You shall
- (a) within 7 working days from the date of occurrence present the Product for inspection together with the original copy of invoice and any other proof/information with respect to the claim as may be reasonably required at the Authorised Service Centre:
200 Victoria Street
#03-25 Bugis Junction
Opening hours – Monday to Saturday 11am to 8pm
- (b) exercise all means to limit the loss to salvage the Product and to ensure their preservation;
The Authorised Service Centre will, at their discretion, repair or replace the damage Product up to the Original Purchase Price. The Company shall be entitled to any damaged Product for which a claim is paid under the Contract and You shall execute all such assignments and assurances of such Product as may be reasonably required. The liability of the Company under this Contract in respect of any Product shall cease if repairs or replacement are not carried out at the Authorised Service Centre or are executed without the Company’s consent.
If at the time any claim is made under the Contract there is any other existing insurance/contract effected by You or by any other person on Your behalf covering the same losses or damages, the Company shall not be liable to pay or to contribute more than its rateable proportion of such losses or damages.
This Contract will terminate if any of the following events, whichever is earlier, occur with no refund of premium payable:
(a) upon expiry of the term of the Contract; or
(b) when You are relocated overseas or are no longer residing in Singapore; or
(c) if the Product is surrendered; or
(d) when the Product has been replaced; or
(e) when the Product is declared a Total Loss and a claim is paid out
- Assignment of Contract
No assignment of this Contract is allowed.
Personal Data Protection
Any personal data collected, used and retained by Courts Singapore is for the purpose of fulfilling Courts Singapore’s obligations under this Contract.
In relation to the personal data collected for this Contract, the Customer has hereby consented to, agreed and acknowledged that:
- the personal data collected will be disclosed to Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd., the service provider of this Contract, the Claims Administrators and their business associates.
Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd. may disclose the personal data to a related corporation; subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, any credit bureau; any other person to whom disclosure is permitted or required by any law; and any third party service providers and agents acting on our behalf of Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd. and these recipients may be located in or outside Singapore.
Trade in Program
Definition of full working unit for Mobile Devices (Tablets / Smartphones)
A Fully Working Unit is defined as:
- Completeness and functionality of Tablets / Smartphones with charger, battery, original accessories such as data cable, keyboards and MMC cards (wherever applicable).
- No major physical damages such as cracks, dents or loose hinges (wherever applicable).
- LCD is free from major display faults; chassis is in a reasonable aesthetic condition.
- LCD display screen must be intact, and not damaged, scratched or cracked.
- Words displayed on the LCD screen must not be segmented.
- The mobile phone/Tablet must be able to power on and device must be unlocked.
- Export Unit without local IDA approval will be re-valued at lower price.
- A unit that does not satisfy ANY of the above conditions will not be considered as a FULL WORKING unit.
Conditions for Trade-in:
- Must be a fully working unit (refer to Definition of full working unit) with full set of original accessories and box, and without any scratch on the screen
- All personal accounts and/or ID must be signed out prior to handing the unit for any consideration for trading-in
- A guaranteed trade-in rate is set at 50% of the purchase price (need to present invoice/s); Deductions will apply accordingly for the following:
- Without original headset – S$10 off
- Without original synchronizing cable – S$20 off
- Without original charger – S$30 off
- Without box – S$20 off
- With scratches/ marks/ paint peels around the bezel and/or back – 5% to 10% deduction from the trade-in rate depending on severity
- With dents of no more than 1.5mm long and 0.5mm depth – 10%-20% deduction from the trade-in rate depending on severity
- With dents of more than 1.5mm long and 0.5mm depth will be subjected to separate valuation
- For units that are not considered as fully working, and have not been claimed under Accidental Damages, an excess amount of S$40 (before GST) will be deducted from final trade-in rate quoted.
- For units with suspected water damages, Digital Hospital reserve the right to reject the device if customers do not allow for opening up of device for water damage check.
- All traded in units which have been used for less than 12 months with original proof of purchase are eligible for trade-in.
Conditions for Accidental Damage
This cover applies to the following: accidental physical impact, or spillage of liquids, or cracked screen due to accidental physical impact is also included (collectively referred to as “Accidental Damage”),
- Units brought in for assessing repair and other replacement or parts and related costs can be considered for trade-in;
- An excess of $40 (before GST) is payable for each Accidental Damage Claim
- This cover is strictly limited to a maximum of ONE (1) Accidental Damage Claim per product per life cycle
- Digital Hospital reserves the right and option to either repair or replace your unit with another of like kind, quality and specifications. Due to technological advances, the replaced product may be of a lower retail value than the faulty unit.
- Replacement parts may be new, original or non-original manufacturer’s parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at our sole discretion.
- Strictly no 1-to-1 exchanges
- No coverage will be provided for/if:
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, colour, or Product finish, accessories used in or with the unit, external cables and cords, or add-on options incorporated to the unit;
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and/ or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals;
- Hardware that has been added after the purchase of the original product; and all batteries;
- Intentional physical damage or Failure caused by a voltage converter and/or applying incorrect voltage to the unit;
- External faults such as wiring, electrical connection, adaptor, charger or data cable and consequential loss of any kind;
DATA RECOVERY AND MIGRATION
Data Migration Terms and Conditions:
- Each Customer is entitled to one (1) Data Migration service for one (1) device per package that are of the following categories: Personal Computers, Laptops, Tablet and Smartphone, running on Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android OS only.
- Digital Hospital will not be responsible for any data loss during the cloning process. Customers are advised to backup their data before sending in.
- Data Migration only applies for devices of the same category, i.e PC to PC, Tablet to Tablet, Smartphone to Smartphone etc. Cross category data migration services is not included in the package.
- Data Migration Services is only available between devices with same operating system. Cross operation system migration is provided on AS-IS basis, Digital Hospital is not responsible for failed data transfer during cross operating system data migration.
- Data Migration is available only at Courts outlets for the Customer’s own computer, registered in the Customer’s name/specific serial number and running the latest version of operating system.
- The Customer’s original device must be fully functional, capable of starting up properly and be virus free to be eligible for the Data Migration Services. Eligible PC must be with a running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later and a working USB port. Eligible Mac must be with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later and a working Ethernet, Firewire, Thunderbolt, or USB port. Eligible Android devices must be Android 4.0 and above. In cases where the original device is faulty or partially faulty, the data residing in the original device might be further corrupted or lost.
- Data Migration includes the data transfer of files from the Customer’s original device to newly purchased device from Courts.
- Data Migration services includes the transfer of Customers’ music, photos, bookmarks, and documents from one personal user account, and not other accounts on the Original device. Migration of outlook email and bookmarks service should be subjected to the various packages that customers have chosen.
- Software are not transferred in the data migration process. Software reinstallation is not included in this service package.
- Encrypted data have to be decrypted by Customers before data migration.
- Digital Hospital does not guarantee the usability of the transferred data from an old device to Customer’s new device. Certain data, including but not limited to, email, contacts, and calendar applications that which required support of the original software or software version may not be usable in the new device. For outlook email data migration, customer needs to provide user name, password and information such as outlook exchange server setting etc. with ready compatible Microsoft outlook software in both devices. Email data migration may take up to 72 hours depending on the amount of data size.
- During the check in process, only surface diagnosis and physical examination of the device is performed. Certain issues are only identify through full diagnosis. Digital Hospital will not be liable for the additional issues identify after full diagnosis of the device.
- Device upgrading services such as SSD upgrading with data migration is subjected to compatibility, the product design and etc. it only covers the labour charge, customers need to provide its own components.
Digital Hospital® RESCUE DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PROGRAM
- The Data Recovery Service (limited to ONE (1) claim for this Services during the Term of this Agreement). If the Device suffers any incident or defect which entitles the Customer to call on Digital Hospital to render the Services and as a result of the Services, the Customer cannot access or read the data or information stored on the Customer’s Device, then Digital Hospital will attempt, but without warranting the success, to recover the data or information on the Device, using the Seagate Data Recovery protocols and processes, and if Digital Hospital is successful, Digital Hospital will either restore the data and information to the Device or, at our election, copy any recovered data or information to a USB memory stick (s) or other storage medium(s), which Digital Hospital will return to the Customer but without obligation to re-install the data or information. The Device or parts thereof will most likely be damaged or even destroyed during the Data Recovery process. The Customer must make sure that the data and information has been and is backed up regularly to an independent back up storage device. We will not compensate the Customer nor be liable (The Parties agrees that the maximum liability incurred by Digital Hospital to the Client arising from this Agreement shall not exceed the total purchase price paid for the Services) for any damage caused only by the rendering of the Data Recovery Service or if the Data Recovery Service is unsuccessful either in whole or part.
- Digital Hospital do not guarantee that any data or information on the Device will be recoverable. Digital Hospital’ obligation and liability with regards to Data Recovery is limited to attempting the Data Recovery as set out herein only and excludes any obligation to attempt data recovery on any tablet. Our obligations and liability to provide any Data Recovery Service under this Agreement will end as soon as Digital Hospital have attempted one Data Recovery on the Device.
- When making a claim for the rendering of any Service, the Customer must provide Digital Hospital with full details of the Customer’s purchase slip, invoice or other reasonably acceptable proof of purchase confirming details of the Device and reflecting the simultaneous purchase of this this Agreement, details of where and when the Customer purchased the Device, details (name, ID number, telephone number and address) as well as the description and serial number of the Device the Customer bought with this Agreement. If cannot locate proof of purchase, Digital Hospital will try and assist the Customer to confirm the purchase of the Device and this Agreement with the supplier but do not undertake to be able to do so. The Customer must also give Digital Hospital a frank, full and honest account of the incident leading to the claim. If Digital Hospital so request at any time, the Customer must send the proof, to our reasonable satisfaction, of any or all of the aforegoing and provide Digital Hospital with any further information it reasonably requires before Digital Hospital is required to perform any actions or further actions hereunder.
- Only timeous valid claims for Services made during the term of this Agreement and made in accordance with the procedures in this Agreement and which are covered by this Agreement and which are not excluded or otherwise limited by the terms hereof will be processed and oblige Digital Hospital to render the Services.
- In the event that any claim is determined to be a claim not covered by the Indemnity, the Customer is required to pay the excess before the Claim is processed
- Original invoice of the devices need to be presented for internal approval before purchasing SRP with 60 days wait out period.
- Data recovery package does not include data decryption service