Laptop General Hospital Pte Ltd (“Digital Hospital”) provides an Extended Warranty Program for Challenger, the “Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty Basic Service Contract.
“Basic Coverage” means:
- For Electrical & IT: coverage for electrical and electronic defects
- “Excess” means the amount you have to pay for every claim
- “Product(s)” means consumer IT devices purchased new from Challenger that is covered by this Contract.
For the avoidance of doubt, all coverage, apply only to repairs and replacements done in Singapore and for Products used in Singapore.
The table below sets out the coverage you are entitled to.
|Plan||Coverage||Limit (if any)|
|Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty 1+1 Basic Service Contract||Warranty Coverage with no Excess|
|Coverage for electrical & electronic defects is up to the purchase price paid for your Product (“Limit”).|
|Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty + Accidental Warranty 1+1 Enhanced Service Contract||Warranty Coverage (2nd year) + Accidental Protection (1st & 2nd year), one time claim with no Excess||Coverage for electrical & electronic defects is up to the purchase price paid for your Product (“Limit”).|
A. BASIC COVERAGE (APPLICABLE TO ALL IT CONTRACTS)
The Basic Coverage is applicable to all IT Contracts unless otherwise specifically provided. The Basic Coverage is for electrical and electronic defects to your Product and applies only to repairs and replacements done in Singapore and for Products used in Singapore. If you have selected the Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty Service Contract, the Basic Coverage for all repairs and replacements made to your Product shall not exceed the Limit. We have the right and option to either repair or replace your Product with another of like kind, quality and specifications. Due to technological advances, the replaced product may be of a lower retail value than the faulty Product. Replacement parts may be original or non-original manufacturer’s parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at our sole discretion. The Basic Coverage will be effective from the date of expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty period until the expiry of the Contract unless coverage is no longer applicable or is terminated as provided under the terms of this Contract.
- Extended Warranty (Basic Service Contract) only covers carry in service locally in Singapore at our Service Centre in Bugis Junction and Sim Lim Square. Locations can be found at drgeek.com.sg. Accidental Damage, water spillage, power surge damage is not covered.
- Extended Warranty + Accidental Warranty (Enhance Service Contract includes coverage in B(i) and additional one time claim against accidental impact damage, screen crack or liquid damage.
C. EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
No coverage will be provided for/if:
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish, accessories used in or with the Product, external cables and cords, charger and adaptors or add-on options incorporated to the Product;
- Cosmetic damage to outer surface/finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the exterior casing, screen, camera lens, buttons and other attachments;
- Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear, including without limitation rust or stains;
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and/ or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals;
- Digital Hospital does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Product. Product performance is affected by system configuration, software, applications, and your data and operator control of the system, among other factors. While the Product is considered to be compatible with many systems, it is your responsibility to determine compatibility and integration of the Product with other systems.
- All batteries (including regular non-chargeable batteries and rechargeable batteries) unless otherwise specifically covered in the Contract;
- Hardware that has been added after the purchase of the original Product;
- Accidental or intentional physical damage and damage by water unless specifically covered in the Contract; Failure caused by a voltage converter and/or applying incorrect voltage to the Product;
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty still in effect;
- Any defects that are the subject of the manufacturer’s recall;
- There has been unauthorised modification(s) to the Product, the serial number of the Product has been altered without authorisation, failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance of the Product, repairs to the Product performed by a non-authorised repairer, any items not affecting the function of the Products;
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing;
- Defects and on-site service charges not covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, unless specifically covered in the Contract;
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood, howsoever caused;
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire and an act of God (including without limitation, events such as earthquake, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion); or
- Any loss or damage due to burglary, theft, corrosion, Insect infestation, pet damage (unless specifically covered by the Contract), misuse, neglect and abuse.
- Only registered products, complete with relevant owner’s information are eligible for the extended warranty claims.
- Amount for each and every claim made by You if you are covered under the DIGITAL HOSPITAL Cover Extended Warranty Basic Service Contract.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We will not cover any direct or indirect loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages including, but not limited to, losses incurred due to any delay in rendering any services related to this Contract and/or loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting replacement parts, even if you might have informed us of the possibility of such loss or damage
- We will replace your Product with one of like kind, quality and/or specification refurbished set if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair. The replaced Product (the spoilt unit) shall become our property. We reserve the right to pay you the original purchase price of the Product if we are unable to give you a replacement product that matches the quality and specifications of the faulty product. Neither Digital Hospital nor Laptop General Hospital will be liable under the Contract if the repair is not executed by appointed repairer, Digital Hospital or PC Dreams, for repair before (a) the expiry of the Contract or (b) if a breakdown report has been submitted before the expiry of the Contract, within 30 days of its breakdown.
- Customer data and Items left with product. It is your responsibility to secure and / or back up remove any programs, data or other material stored in the Product. You must also delete any confidential / personal information contained in the Product before handing over the Product for repair. Digital Hospital assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, destruction, alteration or failure to maintain confidentiality of programs, data, information or other material left in the Product (e.g screen protector), howsoever caused, whether during servicing of the Product, through use of synchronisation software for the Product, or otherwise.
It is your responsibility to remove any accessories, external parts or other attachments to the Product (“Accessories”) prior to handing in the Product for servicing. Digital Hospital shall not be liable for any loss, damage or destruction to any such Accessories which are not removed.
The Contract will terminate if any of the following events occur:
- upon expiry of the term of the Contract; or
- when you have made a claim for repair for mechanical and electrical defects up to the Limit (Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty Basic); or
- when the Product has been replaced (Digital Hospital Cover Extended Warranty Basic Contract and Enhanced Contract); or
- if your Product is surrendered, sold or trade in; whichever is earlier.
CONTRACT SUBSCRIPTION PROMOTION – LIANHE ZAOBAO NEWS TABLET CAMPAIGN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The terms herein apply in addition to our Standard Terms and Conditions to Eligible Subscribers (as defined below) who wish to subscribe for Lianhe Zaobao News Tablet Package (“Package”).
- This promotion is valid during the period from 26 Mar 2019 (“Promotion Date”) onwards for subscribers to the Package in Singapore, for a period of twenty-four (24) months (each, “Subscription Period” pertaining to the relevant contractual term), subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. This promotion is not valid with other promotions and bundle deals.
3.1 The following groups of subscribers (collectively, the “Eligible Subscribers”) are eligible for this promotion:
3.1.1 New subscribers:
Subscribers who do not currently have a subscription to the Package. For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber is a “New Subscriber” if no member of the same household has at any time previously subscribed to the Package directly with SPH or terminated the same within ninety (90) days of the submission of the subscription application. For the purposes of this Section 3.1.1, a “household” refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address.
3.1.2 Vendor subscribers:
Existing subscribers of LianheZaobao who are currently paying their LianheZaobao subscription fee to a newspaper vendor. Upon subscription under this promotion, these subscribers will be converted to direct subscribers (“Vendor Subscribers”).
3.1.3 Existing subscribers without contract:
Existing subscribers of LianheZaobao who do not have a contract with SPH and wish to upgrade or renew their packages (“Existing Subscribers without contract”).
3.2 The following groups of subscribers are eligible for this promotion by paying an additional top-up fee on top of their current subscription plan:
3.2.1 Existing subscribers who subscribe to a bundle package or Chinese 3-in-1 All-Digital package, provided there is no existing contract.
- For information on when your subscription to the Package will commence, please refer to the table below:
|Type||Details||Direct Subscription with SPH Commencement Date|
|New Subscribers||–||Subscription will commence on either 1st day or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days)|
|Vendor Subscribers||For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month||Direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the upcoming month|
|For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month||Direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the following month|
|Existing Subscribers without contract||–||New subscription package will commence either on the 1st day of the upcoming month or following month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days)|
- To qualify for the Samsung News Tablet Device (“Device”), you must (a) take up a New Subscription or, add on to your existing subscription Package (as defined below), (b) agree to maintain your subscription without any change to your subscription package for the entire duration of the Subscription Period (where “Subscription Period” is defined in paragraph 2 above to mean the period of 24 months) applicable to your subscription and (c) your duly completed subscription application form must be received by SPH after the Promotion Date. SPH has the right to determine your eligibility for the promotion at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
- The Packages are as follows:
|Period of Subscription||Costs involved|
|● New subscribers: $19.90/mth or full payment at $399|
|● Current subscribers: top up $14.90/mth on top of existing subscription package|
● Current subscribers with more than 6 months contract left: full payment at $348
By undertaking any of the Packages, the Device would implicitly belong to the Subscriber.
- SPH has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Samsung tablet with another model of similar value.
- Where the Device is offered by SPH in connection with your subscription, the following additional terms apply: (a) The Device is only available whilst stocks last; strictly no exchange is allowed after the subscription application is submitted to SPH; (b) You agree and acknowledge that no representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, are given by SPH in respect of the Device. SPH will not entertain any requests to issue any refund or grant an exchange in respect of any Device that is found to be faulty or not fit for use, or for any other reasons; and (c) Device must be redeemed by subscribers in accordance with the instructions and terms as stated on the Gift Redemption Letter which you will receive within 4 – 6 working days after the commencement of your subscription (for New Subscribers) or the date of commencement of your direct subscription with SPH (for Vendor Subscribers, Existing Subscribers without contract.Existing direct home subscribers), provided that you satisfy all relevant eligibility criteria. Devices which are not redeemed by you within 3 months of the Gift Redemption E-mail (or such other period stated in the letter) will be forfeited. In such event, for the avoidance of doubt, your obligations under the terms herein (including without limitation to maintain the subscription for the Subscription Period) will continue to apply in full.
- Upon expiry of the Subscription Period, you agree that your subscription for LianheZaobao will continue in force on the then prevailing terms for such subscription (“Contract Subscription”) until and unless you provide SPH with notice in writing that you wish to terminate in accordance with the said terms. Once terminated, KNOX programme embedded within your Device will be removed within a period of 4 weeks.
- If you terminate your Contract Subscription before the expiry of the Subscription Period for any reason whatsoever, or during the Subscription Period you fail to pay to SPH any sums as and when due and SPH exercises its rights under the Standard Terms to terminate your subscription, the following fees and charges shall also be due and payable by you to SPH upon notice by SPH:
- administrative fee of $20;
- termination fees of $400 if the Subscription Period is twenty-four (24) months.
Upon termination, you will not have access to the tablet until the following fees and charges shall also be due and payable by you to SPH.
- Unless SPH has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one Package at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
- The warranty information relevant to the Device can be found at www.samsung.com/sg/support/warranty/ . In the event that the device is spoilt, the subscriber is responsible for bringing the Device back to Samsung’s service center or Digital Hospital Service Centre; in the meantime subscribers can still access publication(s) on www.zaobao.com.sg and concurrent access to ZaoBao mobile application for one device.13. By subscribing to this promotion, you agree to grant SPH allowance to manage features of the KNOX programme embedded within your Device, which includes but is not limited to configuration, deployment and management of the product’s interface, images or videos. More information can be found at: www.samsungknox.com/en/eula-knox-configure.
- Under no circumstances will the SPH be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to the Device.