Laptops have changed the way we do our work, we entertain ourselves and carry out our daily routines. The biggest reason for this influence is the portability of the laptops. The way we use your laptop tells the whole story that we are trying to tell. But, little do we realize that these practices are doing more harm to the health of the laptop. In this blog, we will focus on the issue of overheating and learn about Why does my Laptop Overheat? : 3 Key Tips & Solution. Let us first learn how to see if the laptop is overheating?
Some common symptoms that can be seen to understand the problem of laptop overheating are:
- Fans will make more noise, this is evident from the fact that the fans are running at top speed to cool down the device.
- The device will underperform if there is a problem of overheating. In modern laptops, the CPU is designed in such a way that the processor will slash the clock speed to reduce the heat of the system.
- Another way in which you can detect the problem of overheating is that your device will shut down abruptly. This happens because of a program that will execute if the device overheats to prevent any damage to the hardware.
Understanding the Problem of Overheating
The problem of overheating is generally due to the bad practices that we do while using the Laptop, to mention some:
- We tend to use the laptop very casually, on beds, blankets, pillows, etc. In fact, on anything and everything, this practice blocks the flow of air into the air vents. To make this problem more severe, the dust which is trapped in these blankets and bedsheets enters the laptop and starts to bother the health of the laptop.
- Another practice that ends up creating the problem of overheating is that many times when we are in college or even the office, we do not shut down the laptop and keep it in the bag. The laptop is on, the battery is running, the fans too are on and the air supply is cut because it is in the bag. This whole thing can start the problem of overheating.
- Sometimes the fans are not in good enough shape to keep the laptop cool. The problem may be due to clogging or the accumulation of dust etc. This too can start the problem of Laptop overheating.
Solutions to solve the issue:
- You must use your laptop on some hard surfaces like a table. This way your laptop will have better airflow and hence, this minor change in your laptop usage practice can keep the problem of the Laptop overheating at bay. You can also buy a thermal pad which will allow a better airflow for the Laptop even if you are using it on the bed or blanket
- Always take pains in switching off your device before placing it in the bag. This is not that difficult and will surely increase the life and efficiency of your laptop.
- If the problem of overheating is due to the accumulation of dust on the fans then you can do two things either you can get the fans cleaned from Outlets like Digital Hospital or if there is a need to get the fans changed even that can be done here.
While discussing Why does my Laptop Overheat? : 3 Key Tips & Solution there is no denying the fact that much of the solution depends on how you use the laptop. But if you also consider getting your device cleaned regularly from outlets like Digital Hospital even then the problem of overheating can be avoided to a large extent. Moreover, this would also increase the life of the device.
The problem of overheating might appear small to you and you are not the only one to consider that. But the fact is that if this problem is addressed well within time, then it is definitely small but if ignored this issue has the potential of damaging the whole device, and that too beyond repair.
Towards the end of this blog all we want to say is that devices have been made to serve you and you must take good care of them so that they continue to serve you and you must keep the tips and tricks of Why does my Laptop Overheat? : 3 Key Tips & Solution in mind to avoid any unforeseen situation.